Monday, November 2, 2015

{Thankful, Nov 1, 2015}

Things have been beyond hectic and crazy here.  One of those exhausting crazies, where your head aches slightly always, and you avoid making a to-do list because you just might cry.  And you're just not sure if you're really getting ahead, ever...

Example.  My 12 year old car (I loved that thing, lol) died.  So through a lot of hard work and heartaches, and fights, we managed to buy a newer car... Which was a big deal, I'd been in an SUV for over a decade... And then a week later I am asked to join a new job, with dogs, in my car, ALL THE TIME.  (opps, maybe a tiny car wasn't the best idea)  And then my newer car breaks down, and we fight with the dealers, and it's fixed, for now.  And then the husband's car dies in the driveway.  Dead dead.  Two steps forward, a billion steps back.

This waltz has been going on all summer, and now fall, long.

With so many steps back happening all the time, the steps forward, the blessings tend to get forgotten rather fast.  (Like being thankful that you have a newer car that runs, when all you can think about are the two car payments you now have, as you shove 3 Golden Retrievers into you much too small back seat.)

So I'm going to do something I always hate doing... following memes.  My apologies in advance.  :)  Here's the beginning of my attempt of a month of remembering the good things, everyday.  Photo style.  (And maybe I'll remember not to ramble on for 2 hours with every picture)


Day 1 (November 1, 2015)



This summer I took a job with a therapy dog ministry (more on that one day, I'm sure).  In short they send me lots of Golden pups, and I train them.  Their main focus is to provide a shoulder to lean on, to comfort people no matter what, and it's probably one of the most amazing ministries out there... But I'm thankful to steal little moments with these pups, to be able to get my own little comfort sessions with them, as things go crazy around here.  This one I have bonded to the most (shhh don't tell), and even though I have to give her up soon, I'm thankful fo these little moments with her.  <3

What are you most thankful for this hectic holiday season?
Please feel free to share in the comments, or to link to your own thankful posts!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment