Sunday, May 17, 2015

~May~

Another Winter done, thank you God.  One of these years I will just wake up one day and haul off to some place where the snow doesn't fall.  One day.  But for now, I'm too busy enjoying the beautiful Missouri Spring, and wishing it would never end.

It's been a super busy Spring in the garden, we built a rock bed for a new strawberry patch, planted potatoes, onions, spinach, lettuce, radishes, green beans, corn, tomatoes... and some more trees, because, ummm, trees.  :)  We also just begun work on a fence (yes five years in the making, we have a semi-garden fence!).  And then there's the yearly clean up of what I call, snake traps.  (Leave piles, branches, dead wood, dead plants, blech).  Always so much to do.


I still really want a wildflower garden, big enough to cut from All of the Time.  Although I love my natural spring bouquets of Daisies and Queen Anne's Lace, that luckily the goat does not like to eat.  :)


We have a a field, about an acre, give or take, that used to be an old pasture before we moved in.  I tried once to garden there, but the dirt is more rock than soil, and the snakes pretty much refuse to leave.  Without fencing, the land is pretty useless.  Grand plans are for a mini orchard one day.  


But for now, I'll just continue to loose hours taking photos of the "weeds" that claim it.  



And I have to say the most exciting part of this spring, has been watching the way too many trees and shrubs I planted last year, after their bloom, come back to life.  (Hello clearance half dead plants!)  And things like my white tea rose, bloom for the first time in 2 years, PINK flowers.  (I'm assuming the grafted top half died, during the bad winter of 2013, and this is the root portion of the plant coming back, I don't care, I have roses again!!!)


My toddler has been stalking this one for a year now.  Our first Raspberries!


And Spinach, because I'm a garden nerd, and I love pictures of my crops.  Spinach!  :)

How has spring been treating you?  

~Emily



Disclosure: I may receive monetary compensation, or products for my endorsements, recommendations, testimonials, links and ads to any products and or services listed in this blog. This helps support my homesteading and crafting habits, and is a huge blessing! Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment